Opening hours (CLOSED)
- Companion dogs are not allowed on the ground.
- Alcoholic beverages from outside are prohibited.
- Entrance security check.
- Safety rules subject to change without notice.
- Some activities may be canceled in case of rain.
Pricing - Coming soon
- The rules and regulations of the Argenteuil Agricultural Society are established, administered, and may be changed by the board of directors at any meeting of the society.
- The Society will not be help responsible for any accidents occurring to its patrons on the grounds during the fair, or at any other time.
- All exhibits are at the sole risk of the exhibitors. The directors will take every precaution to ensure the safety of the articles exhibited, yet they wish it to be distinctly understood, that the owners themselves must take the risk of exhibiting them. Should any article or animal be accidentally injured, lost or stolen, the society will give all the assistance in its power toward the recovery of the same, but will not make any payment for the value thereof.
- The directors of the Society shall settle all disputes which shall arise among exhibitors and their decision shall be final.
- Working dogs only on grounds, except forming part of an exhibition.
- All entries must be property of the exhibitor. Any infringement of this rule will result in loss of prizes awarded by the judges.
- Any person fraudulently obtaining prizes in any way from the Society must forfeit all prizes awarded to them at the fair.
- No person shall receive a premium for any animals or articles, which in the opinion of the judge, is not worthy of it. Discretionary premiums may be awarded by the recommendation of the judges only.
- All animals and exhibits must remain on the exhibition grounds until Sunday July 16 at 4pm, unless permitted to leave earlier by the Chairman for a valid reason. Anyone not following the rule shall forfeit all prizes won.
- All participants must pay their membership fee of $10.00 payable to the Argenteuil Agricultural Society.
- All animals arriving on the fair grounds may be clinically examined for contagious diseases by a veterinarian. Animals having such diseases will be subject to refusal to the fair. The decision is final.
- No director shall be allowed to enter the show ring with their badge exposed.
- The judges have the power to disqualify any animal which they consider does not belong to the class in which it is entered.
- Any person or exhibitor who shall interfere with the judges or directors or who insults an official of the Society or Government while performing their duties, or use contemptuous or abusive language, shall forfeit his or her rights to any premiums to which he or she would be entitled. In that case, the judge can award the prize to another exhibitor.
- Vehicles shall be parked in designated areas only, as specified by the Society. This is a requirement of the fire department to allow circulation of emergency vehicles.
- Protests must be made in writing and must give definitely and concisely the grounds of protest. All protests must be made within 2 hours after the class has been judged. The directors will decide in all cases and their decision will be final. Any party making a protest must deposit with the secretary, the sum of $100.00 cash as a guarantee of good faith, which will be returned to the party upon the proving the protest. Otherwise the $100.00 will be retained and added to the fund of the Society.
- Any exhibitor who obtains a prize by fraud, bribery or false pretences, and upon sufficient proof of the same, shall be deprived by them, of all prizes he or she has obtained and forfeit the right to enter any subsequent competition.
- In the event that the money available for the prizes won is insufficient, all prize money will be paid in proportion to the funds available.
- There must be at least 3 exhibitors and 24 exhibits per breed in each of the beef and dairy classes, 18 per breed in each of the sheep classes and 20 for the heavy horse classes to be eligible for meaningful breed association show status.
- All exhibitors must clean up their section of the barn before leaving the premises.