Our annual derby is a benefit event to raise money for the next fair and to repair our buildings. Please help us reach our goal!”
SATURDAY, JULY 13 DEMOLITION DERBY
Join us at the Lachute Fairgrounds!
To drive in our derby you must be 18 years-or-older (or have parental consent) and you must have a valid driver’s license.
DEMOLITION DERBY RULES – CAR PREPARATION
1. All cars must arrive on the site ready for the derby. No painting on site will be allowed. All scrap must be
removed from the car before entering the site. Including spare tires, beer bottles, glass, mirrors, cans……..
2. All windows and all chrome must be removed from the car before arriving on site. No small pieces of glass
can be left around the windows edge of the windshield or back window .It must be covered by tape.
3. All wheel weights must be removed from the tires before arrival.
4. All light bulbs and light fixtures must be removed before arriving on site.
5. No ¨Prestone¨must be left in the radiator. It must be replaced with water. This is an environmental issues for
6. All trailer hitches must be removed before arriving.
7. All air bags must be removed before arriving.
8. All doors and trunks must be tied down with chains, seat belts or wire. We must have access under the hood
for the inspection. After the inspection the hood must be tied down as stated above.
9. Original gas tank can be used if it is metal. If orginal tank is made of plastic or too damaged, a metal boat
tank may be used. The tank must be tied down and VERY secure. No tank will be allowed in the front passenger
seat. No plastic gas containers will be permitted. A MAXIMUM of 20 Liters (5 gallons) of gas is permitted.
10. The hood must have a 25cm x 25cm hole cut out of it. It should be placed in the middle of the hood for easy
access in case of fire.
11. All cars must have functional brakes.
12. The battery MUST BE INSIDE the car. It must be placed in a metal box that is bolted to the floor of the passenger
side and be properly secured. It must have a rubber mat over it for protection. This is for safety. Only 1
battery, per car, will be accepted.
13. All driver side doors must be painted white before entering the site. This is so drivers are able to see where
they can`t hit. You are allowed to fix a metal bar to solidify the door.
14. Inspections will be done, and all cars that do not pass will have time to fix whatever needs to be fixed.
Inspectors will then pass again to verify your car. After inspections are done this is when you will know what
derby heat your car will be in. It will be written on the flag that will be placed on your drivers side door frame.
Car preparation for 8 CYLINDERS DRIVERS <<ONLY>>
1. Rods can be used in place of chains for securing the hood. The rods must be threaded, but can’t have a diameter
of more than 1 inch. They are to be placed through the hood and body of the car. This will help protect the
body and make for a longer derby.
2. Suspension can be welded. However, the bottom of the front and back bumper must not exceed 17 inches.
This will be checked.