Rules of the judges
Judges are expected to familiarize themselves with all the rules and regulations of this fair, and to especially mark those bearing to the classes to be adjudicated by them.
Ignorance of the rules is inexcusable for a judge.
- In all breeding classes, animals must be judged on their fitness for breeding purposes.
- No animal shall be awarded a prize unless removed from its stall or pen and exhibited before the judge in the show ring.
- The judge must not award prizes to unworthy exhibits. It is the intention of the board that no premium or distinction of any kind shall be given to any animal or article that is not deserving. These rules must be strictly followed whether or not there is competition.
- The decision of the judges shall be final in all cases except where fraud, misrepresentation or collusion, not discovered at the time of the award, is proven. In such cases, the executive committee or such referee as it may appoint shall make the decision.
- The judges are particularly requested to see that their sheets, with each sheet initialled, signed with judges regular signature, are returned to the secretary’s office as soon as awards are completed.